CAKE! I like cake and chances are you do to so lets do a little happy dance because this cake is filled with wholesome ingredients and tastes really good. I made this cake for a super healthy eater in my life and it was actually quite fun to play around to find something that would fit within his constraints and still taste delicious. It was hard to stop eating the batter (ew, raw eggs) it was that good. I have made many things with almond meal before and everything was dry and somewhat bland but this cake takes the cake when it comes to the best recipe i’ve made with it so far. Give it a shot, adjust as needed and be creative! I hope everyone has a great weekend 🙂
Moist Almond Meal Cake, Gluten Free, Paleo, Refined Sugar Free
What you need:
· 3/4 cup unsalted Butter at room temperature
· 1 cup xylitol
· 1-1/2 cups Almond meal/flour
· 1/2 cup coconut flour
· 2 tsp baking powder
· 1/4 tsp pink salt
· 4 Eggs
· 1/4 cup Milk
· 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Using a hand mixer cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until fully blended in. Add milk and vanilla and mix until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flours, salt and baking powder and swift well. Beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until creamy. Pre heat oven to 350 and make sure rack is in lower half of the oven. Spread into a greased 9×13-inch cake pan, or four 4inch springfoam pans (what I used) and bake for 30 minutes or 20 minutes if using small cake pans.
3. If making the layer cake as pictured, let cakes cool completely before applying coconut cream. Then spread on bottom layer, then layer with sliced fruit, add another piece of cake, then top with more cream and sliced berries, garnish with fresh mint. You can find the recipe for coconut whip cream on my Instagram.